The Compressor Attenuator is a re-directive, non-gating, bi-directional, and self-recovering attenuator that has been specifically designed to take repeated impacts without the need for additional recovery procedures, labor, or repairs. It's the toughest and most cost-effective permanent attenuator on the market. The Compressor is designed to cut down repair time and costs, and increase driver safety in the event of an impact.
The Compressor was originally accepted for use on the U.S. NHS for one-way traffic applications in FHWA Product Acceptance Letter CC-95 in 2007 and for two-way traffic applications in Acceptance Letter CC-95A in 2009. In both cases, the Compressor was mounted on a reinforced concrete pad using fourteen (14) anchor bolts. The Compressor remained unchanged through both crash tests.
- Passed all required NCHRP 350 TL-3 Tests - FHWA Acceptance Letter HSSD/CC-95
- Compressor is a self restoring attenuator designed to take repeated impacts with minimal or no repairs. After any impact, the system should be thoroughly inspected for damage or maintenance issues
- Overall length: 21' 3" - Attenuator Module/Effective length: 16' 6"
- Delivered assembled and ready to install - eliminated on-site assembly
- Corrosion resistant solid steel Uni-Base requires only 14 bolts to secure compressor to the road
- Compressor's assembled design combined with the Uni-Base construction makes job site installation fast, easy, and safe - one crew can safely install several units in one day
- Compressor's specially formulated attenuator modules are injection molded from HDPE plastic and are designed to more efficiently absorb energy in a shorter distance
- Attenuator modules are pre-flattened to provide more consistent results after repeated impacts
- Compressor's telescoping ultra high strength steel side panels re-direct side impacts with minimal damage to attenuator modules or panels
|Overall: 21' 9" (6.5 m)
Effective: 16' 4" (4.98 m)
|4' (1.24 m)||4' 5" (1.36 m)||3-30, 3-31, 3-32, 3-33, 3-38|