Why buy from T.D.I.?
Since 1987, TrafFix Devices, Inc. has been providing their customers with the most value for their channelizer drum dollars. The drum tops and bases we made in 1987 are still interchangeable with our current production model.
At TrafFix Devices, we use only the highest grade plastic resins to manufacture our drums. Our drum tops and bases are designed to "break-away" rather than "break-apart" upon impact.
Here is a TrafFix Devices drum top that has been impacted and appears crushed and unusable. Notice that it is not torn or broken but simply "flattened out." With most other manufacturers' products, this top would be added to the "drum graveyard" pictured above.
TrafFix Devices uses only top quality plastic resins and has engineered its' drums to be reshaped after most impacts. By applying simple hand pressure to the dented areas, most drums can be reshaped into their original form and reused.
Back On The Job!
The previously crushed drum has been snap-locked to its base and is ready to be put back on the job. Remember, every channelizer drum that you can salvage and reuse saves your money and keeps it out of landfills.
The TrafFix Channelizer Drums are available in rugged, durable high density polyethylene; or impact resistant, reshapeable low density polyethylene.
- Drum is a minimum of 18" wide throughout its 36" height, regardless of orientation
- Tapered design allows stacking with or without barricade lights for easy handling and storage
- Drum and base remain "snapped together" until impacted or separated for transportation and storage
- Gentle curves throughout drum eliminate sharp edges or corners that crack and break when impacted
- Built-in carrying and dragging handle
- Two mounting holes for optional barricade lights
- Bright orange color molded throughout drum - UV inhibitors minimize fading
- NTPEP tested-meets or exceeds MUTCD specifications
- Retaining lip and flange for added strength during impact
- "D" shaped design minimizes rolling after impact and separation from base
- 100% recycled rubber base for increased durability and "gription" which resists movement from passing vehicles